The course offers a variety of prospective career paths, most notably a future in the legal industry, but also access to professions such as management, finance, and business.
- Personal effectiveness, organisation, perseverance and resilience.
- Self-motivation, self-direction and independance.
- Collaborative working and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills and flexibility.
- One year full time
- Scottish Criminal Law
- Sheriff Court civil procedures
- Ethics and cash handling
- Executry law and practice
- Graded Units 2 and 3
- Direct entry into year 2 (HND) requires the full, successful completion of the related HNC with 15 SQA credits.
- If you do not currently have the full 15 SQA credits, please contact us at email@example.com for further support on the options available to you to be accepted onto this HND course.
It is possible to progress on to a degree at university from this course - see our HE and Degree Pathways guide for more information.
LLB at Scottish Universities (subject to institutional entry requirements).
- Mortgage executive
- Public sector legal departments
- Human resources
- Sheriff’s officer
- Court officer
- Scottish courts service
- Precognition agent
- A contribution to the costs of any outside visits undertaken as part of the course.
- Online application.
- Satisfactory personal statement.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills-based exercise.