Please note that students undertaking this course are required to complete HNC: Social Sciences first.
This is an excellent course that offers routes into a range of degree courses, employment, and vocational training. It focuses on the systematic study of people and society. It also aims to develop transferable skills including communication, analytical ability, and the handling of complex information.
- Research methodology/research issues
- Graded unit exams and project
- Two years full-time; this course is offered as a two year HND. Successful completion of the one year HNC: Social Sciences course can allow articulation to year 2 of HND: Social Sciences
- HNC: Social Sciences SCQF Level 7 with 15 credits
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Community education
- Human resources
- Social researcher
- Social worker
- Probation officer
- Depending on the subjects you choose to study, you might need to buy one or more textbooks – approx. £10-£30 each
- As well as having appropriate entry qualifications, selection on to this course will be based on criteria outlined in Fife College’s admissions procedure, which may include a personal statement, an interview and a satisfactory reference or Transition Form