This course provides an exciting opportunity for school Winter Leavers and returning learners to access the world of computer animation, games, mobile apps and website design and development.
- Digital design
- IT skills
- Basic programming
- Games design skills
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Short full-time (from February) Approximately 4 days per week
- Learners will have allocated additional learning time to be completed outside of class time.
- There will be an element of Online Learning.
You will gain an understanding of the underpinning computer concepts and technologies involved in developing digital content for computer gaming, computer modelling and animation, and the design and creation of websites.
- Computer games design
- Computer graphics
- Computer modelling and animation
- Computer scripting and programming
- Project planning and collaborative working
- Core skills in information technology
- Computer game development
Whilst no formal entry requirements exist, you should be able to demonstrate a familiarity with Computing, Maths, Art, and Craft subjects and would likely have studied these at National 4 level or above.
- Advanced Certificate: Computer Games Design and Animation (with eSports) SCQF Level 6
Job opportunities exist in the following sectors:
- Computer games developer
- Website design and developer
- Digital interaction designer
- Games developer
- User interface design and developer
- Computer animation artist
- Creative director
- Submit an online application.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- In the case of Fife school leavers, the College will request a transition form from the school.