This broad art portfolio course gives you an excellent grounding in the area of visual arts. If you have studied at National 4 level and wish to progress to further study, or if you have Higher results and want time to prepare a substantial portfolio for entry to art college or HN level study, this is the course for you. It is expected that on completion of this course you will progress on to Advanced Certificate: Art and Design: SCQF Level 6.
- You will develop practical art skills in the following areas: painting, drawing, mixed media, illustration, design...plus so much more!
- One year full-time. this course is 2 or 2.5 days a week in College and may include twilight/evening classes
- Analytical drawing, life drawing, painting
- Mixed media
- Design project, fashion, interior, product, furniture, jewellery, and textiles
- Personal development
- The Core Skills of ICT and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Three National 4s including English and Art
- Certificate: Art and Design
- Another appropriate creative course at SCQF Level 4
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Applicants are required to present their art portfolio that demonstrates an ability for the subject
- Advanced Certificate: Art and Design SCQF Level 6
- National Certificate: Jewellery SCQF Level 6
- Four students from this course were accepted for art school in 2023!
- You will be supplied with an art kit. You may be required to purchase additional items for your kit for personal use or working from home
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Production of an art portfolio