You'll explore various subjects that will acquaint you with the Construction Industry and the Fundamentals of Architectural Design. This exploration will be facilitated through participation in a Built Environment Design Project, where you will gain insight into Sustainability and Building Techniques within the Built Environment. Additionally, you'll have the opportunity to engage in 3D Modelling for the Built Environment. This is a mainly theory-based course which includes important knowledge and skills for successful employment. These are studied in the context of both practical and theoretical classes.
Over the course the skills developed are:
- Better understanding of Construction & the Built Environment
- Teamwork & Communications
- Sketching & Drawing
- The course is 3 days per week, full time.
- The Construction Industry and Principles of Building Design
- Built Environment Design Project
- Sustainability in the Built Environment
- Construction Methods
- 3D Modelling for the Built Environment
- Interior and Exterior Finishes
- Appreciation of Access Platforms and Equipment
- Employment and Behavioural Skills Construction Occupation Practices: An Introduction
- Single Lap Roofing Skills
General and broad academic ability showing an aptitude at SCQF level 4: One of the following:
- Certificate: Construction Futures.
- National 5 Practical Craft Skills at Grade C or above, plus Four National 4s including Maths and English.
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
- After completing this course, you have several potential paths to consider.
- You could transition into a Modern Apprenticeship within the Technician career pathway, pursue further education in NC Built Environment and NC Architecture and Interior Design, or explore various entry-level positions within the Built Environment sector.
- Interior Designer
- Space Planner
- Exhibition Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- 3D Visualiser Architectural technician
- Building technician
- Civil engineering technician
- Quantity surveying technician
- Site agentApprenticeship in an individual trade
- Technical trainee with private, local authority, government, military or academic employers in the industry
- Course work stationery.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exerciseProof of qualifications must be brought to this, as well as suitable portfolios of work to evidence your suitability against course content.