The course covers cyber security, developing your skills in digital forensics. Data is one of the fastest growing areas within the computing industry, data citizenship will help you build up your knowledge and skills which are highly sought after. Alongside cyber security, you will learn basic web development skills, including HTML5 programming and CSS. In addition, you will develop skills in SW development using Visual Basic. You will also learn about network infrastructure and hardware computer components.
- Problem solving
- Technical computing skills
- Team working
- Programming skills
- Security skills
- Time management
- One year full-time across approximately 3 days per week. Learners will have allocated additional learning time to be completed outside of class time.
- There will be an element of online learning.
- Cyber security
- Data Citizenship
- Computer hardware and operating systems
- Computer networking technologies
- Web design and development
- Information systems design and development
- Software Development
- Animation Fundamentals
- Computing Project
One of the following;
- Three National 4 qualifications will be required, including English, plus two other relevant science/technology/business subjects.
- Those without formal qualifications will be considered dependent on relevant experience.
- Certificate: Computing with Computer Games Design & Cyber Security: SCQF Level 4.
- Advanced Certificate: Computing with Software Development and Cyber Security: SCQF Level 6
Good career path towards jobs such as:
- Cyber Analyst
- Network Engineer
- IT Technician
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
- Data Analyst
- Submit an online Application.
- After this, you may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
- In the case of Fife school leavers, the College will request a transition form from the school.