Students on this course will learn through experiential activities and activities relating to Ship building processes including a work based challenge and Project based learning. This is suited towards candidates with SCQF level qualifications wishing to progress onto an MA programme.
- Candidates will learn the skills and knowledge required to progress to a Modern Apprenticeship.
- This will include practical projects relating to hand skills, fabrication and welding and how to conduct yourself in an Engineering workshop.
- The skills will be technically biased towards Engineering.
- Full-time programme over 2 to 3 days per week between 09.00 - 16.00.
- The students will be given an Engineering Challenge project to work on where this will relate to shipbuilding sector.
- Our Industry partner Babcock have endorsed this qualification to enable progress to a Modern Apprenticeship.
- All candidates will be expected to have a minimum of 3 National 4 qualifications
- including Maths and English and a Science or technical subject.
- Alternatively candidates can progress from the College Engineering Gateway courses with a positive ILR.
- All candidates will be invitied to an information session to undertake a skills test prior to being offered a place.
- The candidates will be able to progress Engineering SCQF level 6 courses.
- Modern Apprenticeship with Babcock
- Modern Apprenticeships
- All PPE provided by the college
- Online application, with a face to face interview and a assessment with numeracy included.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.