This course is ideal for you if you have an interest in both hair and make-up and wish to start your journey to become a make-up artist. You will develop your skills in hairdressing and make-up techniques for the creative industries.
- Basic, bridal and evening make up
- Setting and styling for the media
- Face painting
- Competition skills
- Work placement
You will be required to be a model for class mates for all practical classes and source your own models for assessments.
- One year full-time
- Please note: the mode of study will include twilight/evening sessions
- Three National 4s which must include English
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- PLEASE NOTE: You must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the start of your course
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- National Certificate: Make-up Artistry SCQF Level 6
- HNC: Fashion Make-up SCQF Level 7
- HND: Make-up Artistry SCQF Level 8
Once qualified to SCQF Level 8 (HND) you can seek employment in:
- Other creative industries
- You are required to purchase your own kit which is approximately £250 (this cost is based on current supplier prices and is subject to change)
- Information evening
- Individual interview