Delivered in our Mediaspace Media and Performing Arts hub in Dunfermline, this introductory course will equip you with knowledge and skills to work successfully in providing creative and technical support in workplaces such as studios, theatre and live events and arts venues. Learning from practitioners with lots of industry experience and passion, you will cover a range of topics and projects that introduce you to creative working practices.
Your studies will focus around creative projects, learning valuable individual and group approaches to problem solving to deliver creative output and support and there will be some independent online learning from home via TEAMs.
There are no exams on this course, you'll be assessed across the creative projects with a very small amount of written work to support your studies.
- This course will build your confidence and employability skills:
- Problem Solving, Research, Presentation
- Teamwork, Communication
- Technical skills for Lighting, Sound & Creative Content Generation
- This is a Short Full Time course and you will study in person on campus over 2-3 days as well as some self-directed study either at home or on campus.
- Four National 4 qualifications including English
- Those without formal qualifications will be considered dependent on relevant experience.
- On successful completion of this Level 5 course you will be advised as to the best progression pathway into our creative courses at Level 6 or HN level if you have additional qualifications.
- The courses that might be suitable include; Media and Communications, Acting and Performance, Sound Production, Broadcast Media, Visual Communication/ Graphic Design
- Junior positions throughout the Creative Industries Sector including: Music and Arts Venues and Organisations, Theatre and Comedy Venues, etc.
- Online applications are welcome. You will then be invited to an information session with an associated interview.