You will learn a wide range of beauty skills by observing, practising and applying techniques in beauty to your peers and external clients. This course is an intensive 18-week programme, it is fast-paced, and you will learn a lot of exciting treatments and techniques. Be prepared to work hard, study well and practise at home. We are looking for applicants who love to meet new people and want to succeed.
- You will learn interpersonal skills to effectively work with colleagues and clients. You will also have the opportunity to digitally up skill and learn more about sustainability in the beauty business. This course includes information about enterprise and how to run your own salon.
This course runs over 18 weeks (Aug-Jan or Feb-Jun).
Your timetable will be over 4 days.
You will be in practical beauty salons for 3 of these days, you must have your uniform and kit with you.
- This course is a mixture of salon standard VTCT beauty qualifications as well as some SQA qualifications. The VTCT modules of study are in nails, make up, tanning and beauty as well as client services and communication and salon health and safety. The SQA qualifications are in core skills such as communication, working with others, computing and data citizenship.
- Shaping and tinting brows
- Tinting and lifting lashes
- Applying glamour (day and/or evening) make-up and self-tanning
- Creative nail technologies, including LED nails, UV gel nails, liquid and powder manicures/wraps and nail art as well as nail enhancement.
- 60% of this course is practical and 40% is written academic work which may be online or delivered in person in a classroom.
- Entry is by interview as previous experience may be taken into account. 3 National 4 qualifications are also desirable.
- Applicants must be 16 years old by 28/02/23 for Feb 2023 courses. Applicants must be 16 years old by 31/10/23 for August start courses.
- You can progress to some of our beauty, make up and nails courses at the next academic level.
- Career as a beautician/make up artist/nail technician.
- Uniform (approx £30) and kit deposit (approx £70).
- Interview and portfolio if available.