This 17-week course, which starts in January and follows on from Certificate: Business, Enterprise and Customer Service will provide you with a practical and broad introduction to the fields of business and customer service.
The course will aid the development of transferable skills which are applicable to further study.
You will learn through a mixture of role play, practical work, and theory. You will be expected to participate and contribute in class, and study outwith class as needed.
Assessment is through your coursework and both open and closed book assessments.
- Digital skills
- Entrepreneurial skills
- Employability skills
- Customer care
- 17 weeks full-time (February-June)
- Four National 4 subjects including English
- Certificate: Business, Enterprise and Customer Service (including 7 SQA units at SCQF Level 4 or above)
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Advanced Certificate: Business Enterprise (with Tourism and Events)
- Advanced Certificate: Business, Enterprise with Administration or Accounting
- Event planner
- Event co-ordinator opportunities within the hospitality/tourism industries
- Administrative assistant
- Retail operative
- Sales assistant
- Retail supervisor
- Customer services
- Warehousing and retail display assistant
- If practical visits are arranged, you will be required to make a contribution to the cost
- Satisfactory personal statement
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise