This Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) Level 2 based course leads to a Scottish Vocational qualification (SVQ). It focuses on the key skills required to commence employment in the manufacturing and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machining industry.
The course has 8 core units surrounding many different workshop-based activities, where these practical assessments undertaken are recorded in the compilation of a student-based portfolio of evidence.
- Full-time, starting in August 2021
- Complying with statutory regulations and organisational safety requirements
- Using and interpreting engineering data and documentation
- Working efficiently and effectively in engineering
- Producing components using hand fitting techniques
- Producing mechanical assemblies
- Maintaining mechanical devices and equipment
- Assembly and testing fluid power systems
- Maintaining fluid power equipment
- Preferably a National Certificate at SCQF Level 5 in an engineering discipline, however applicants with other related engineering experience will be considered
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Please note: you will be required to complete an aptitude test and successful interview.
- In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- Subject to successful completion of the course, and previous qualifications, you may progress onto an appropriate Level 5 or Level 6 National Certificated Engineering Course please see our prospectus for full details.
- The SVQ Level 2 award is a mandatory element of the Modern Apprenticeship Engineering Framework and can lead to Modern Apprenticeships in Mechanical Engineering, or employment as a trainee in a wide range of engineering and technology areas. The course is designed to meet the needs of students wishing to pursue a career in the Engineering sector.
- Application, and successful interview.