This is a work based qualification and is assessed through evidence provided by your on knowledge and understanding and performance. You will be given action plans and advice on how you can collect evidence and how the same evidence can be cross reference to different units within the qualification. You will receive regular visits (virtual) and will use an e portfolio to submit your evidence.
- The sector is becoming more technical with advanced automation, therefor IT skills are now essential.
- There are also roles that require high-level expertise in applied mathematics and statistics for analysing data and to collate and interpret technical reports.
- The course will take approx 12 - 15 months to complete.
- You will gain knowledge of working effectively with suppliers and customers.
- You also need to be able to understand your markets and have the ability to make informed decisions as to suitable locations for your operations.
- Suitable candidates for the Modern Apprenticeship may be new to the sector or may already be in employment and looking to further their career.
- There are no set entry requirements. Broadening access and ensuring learners from a variety of backgrounds can participate in the programme. However, those undertaking this apprenticeship should be in a relevant supply chain role and have the support of your employer.
- Some may have progressed straight from school or have undertaken previous study such as the National Progression Award in Supply Chain Operations at SCQF level 5.
- SVQ supply chain management level 9.
Supply chain management can be found within many industries including: manufacturing
- Food and drink
- Transport and logistics
- Import and export