This course is designed to focus on developing basic knowledge and understanding of the practical aspects of a wide range of activities within the creative industries.
It is aimed at potential candidates from schools, colleges, community groups and elsewhere who wish to gain knowledge and understanding of some of the many opportunities available in the creative sectors, which include theatre and performance, television and radio broadcasting, music, and more.
This course is ideal for learning about the wide range of potential careers available in the creative industry sector. You will develop skills through engaging in practical hands-on activities. This course is assessed on an ongoing basis and there is a small amount of self directed and online study.
- The NPA provides a basic level of study and also meets personal and social development needs
- The Units are aimed at promoting and developing self-confidence, critical self-reflection and evaluation, self-development, and new skills in order to promote positive progression routes
- It also develops Core Skills and employment skills and aims to promote further study and employment opportunities in the creative industries
- This is a a part time course and can be completed over a maximum of two years
- It will run over two twilight sessions a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Creative Industries: Basics – Scotland
- Creative Industries: Practical Skills Development
- Creative Industries: Pre-Production
- Creative Industries: Production
- All of these cover how to
- Contribute to good working relationships Make sure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety
- Conduct an assessment of risks in the workplace
- Co-ordinate your team and performers and work effectively with production colleagues
- There are no specific entry requirements
- Intermediate Certificate: Acting and Theatre Performance
- National Certificate: Technical Theatre SCQF Level 6
- Another creative course at SCQF Levels 5 or 6
- Employment and further qualification opportunities in Creative Industries are available to non-graduate entry candidates and Skillset Scotland Modern Apprentice programmes are being offered by independent media companies, including BBC Scotland, STV and others
- Personal statement, portfolio of work and a reference from school or employer