This course provides a foundation in art and design skills that will enable you to then decide on your specialism.
Over one year, you will improve your practical skills, build your portfolio and gain entry qualifications to progress to a higher level course which could be in art and design (with Intermediate Certificate: Art and Design Portfolio) as well as a range of other design courses delivered across the creative industries.
- One year full-time
- Design activity and design realisation
- Drawing and painting
- Exploring personal ideas
- Exploring visual images
- 2D art and design: graphic design
- Mixed media
- The Core Skills of ICT and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
- Two National 4s, preferably in subjects such as Art and Design, Digital Media, English, and ICT, however all subjects will be considered
- Intermediate Certificate: Art and Design Portfolio
- National Certificate: Furniture SCQF Level 5
- Intermediate Certificate: Fashion Design and Manufacturing
- Other creative courses at SCQF Level 5
- Interior designer
- Product designer
- Fashion designer
- Games designer
- Graphic designer
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.