This broad art portfolio course gives you an excellent grounding in the area of visual arts. If you have studied at National 4 level and wish to progress to further study, or if you have Higher results and want time to prepare a substantial portfolio for entry to art college or HN level study, this is the course for you.
It is expected that on completion of this course you will progress on to National Certificate: Art and Design SCQF Level 6.
- One year full-time
- Analytical drawing, life drawing, painting
- Mixed media
- Design project, fashion, interior, product, furniture, jewellery, and textiles
- Personal development
- The Core Skills of ICT and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
You have 7 days to hand in your work off all course from CEVAR which require the 7 day turnaround for portfolios or art work.
One of the following:
- Three National 4s including English and Art
- Certificate: Art and Design
- Another appropriate creative course at SCQF Level 4
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- National Certificate: Art and Design SCQF Level 6
- Advanced Certificate: Graphic and Digital Design
- National Certificate: Jewellery SCQF Level 6
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Production of an art portfolio