This course enables you to broaden and strengthen your creative ability. It provides an ideal platform for career progression in visual arts.
The combination of drawing, painting, 2D and 3D design skills, and illustration will give you the opportunity to build a substantial portfolio. You will work on individual and group projects and, where possible, live briefs for real clients.
- One year full-time
- Media/digital media
- Painting and media techniques
- Painting/life drawing
- Art and design: visual presentation
- 3 dimensional design
- Core and essential work skills will be developed throughout this course
You have 7 days to hand in your work off all course from CEVAR which require the 7 day turnaround for portfolios or art work.
One of the following:
- Two National 5s at Grade C or above in Art and Design and English
- Intermediate Certificate: Art and Design Portfolio
- Another relevant creative course at SCQF Level 5
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis based on portfolio of art and design work and experience
- HNC: Art and Design SCQF Level 7
- HND: Art and Design SCQF Level 8
- HNC: Jewellery SCQF Level 7
- HND: Jewellery SCQF Level 8
- Art and design related employment
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Portfolio of art work