Do you have experience of being on stage and in character? Or maybe you haven't but would like to try and see what the opportunities are. Interested in acting as a career? or one of the many other roles available in supporting a production? Perhaps you want to teach acting? This course offers you the chance to learn all about how to develop your acting and performance skills as well as how to apply these in a future career, whether that’s on a stage, in a radio, film or television studio, or in a classroom.
This course also helps with employability skills such as working in a team, presentation skills, and being able to communicate effectively.
- Working with texts, themes or topics of the day you will develop a range of skills that interpret, support and convey a convincing message to an audience. Connecting your physical and emotional responses to rehearsed and well practiced perfection. Working supportively, you will help yourself and others develop the the skills needed by, writers, directors, producers to engage the audience through the narrative. Knowing and understanding how to control your voice, your limbs and your posture will help bring scripts to life!
- You will develop; Drama Skills in Acting, Movement, Voice and Theatre Performance. Problem solving and Working with Others. These skills are useful across many of the platforms that actors find themselves working. Stage, Screen, Streaming Media, Radio, Voice work, narration etc.
- One year full-time
- Drama Skills
- Production skills
- Drama: voice
- Drama: acting skills
- Drama: theatre skills in performance
- Drama: movement skills
- Preparation for audition
- Personal development
- Portfolio and Showreel
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Four National 5s at Grade C or above
- Mature students will be considered on an individual basis
- Drama workshop written exercise
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process.
- This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Intermediate Certificate: Acting and Theatre Performance
- HNC Acting and Performance SCQF Level 7
- HND: Acting and Performance SCQF Level 8
- HND: Musical Theatre SCQF Level 8
- Audition for various opportunities including: Stage, Screen, TV, Streaming, Independent Production, 'extra roles' Voice Over, Talking Book, Production.
- None although you should wear loose comfortable clothing with white soled trainers. A water bottle is also recommended and there may be theatre visits planned through the year which you could receive additional support with.
- Apply online
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application interview process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise