Are you looking for a career in a bakery or catering outlet? This course, delivered at our Kirkcaldy Campus, will help develop the skills you require.
You will learn about craft baking, and the art of making bread and dough products, as well as gaining specialist knowledge in pastry and cake decoration.
This hands-on course will give you the opportunity to experience what is required for preparing, producing, promoting, and selling food products as part of an enterprise experience running our successful coffee shop and bakery.
- One year full-time
The course includes bakery, food preparation, and food service subjects in our fully-equipped bakery, production kitchen, and training restaurant facilities:
- Craft baking
- Cake decoration/finishing
- Bread making
- Dough products
- Food service
- Food hygiene
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Four National 4s to include English/Communication
- SVQ: Professional Cookery (including Hospitality) SCQF Level 4
- Advanced Certificate: Patisserie
- MA or SVQ courses in the industry
- Bakery operative
- Junior pastry chef
- Junior cook
- Bistro assistant
- Padlock/locker deposit – £10 (where appropriate)
- Application Process
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise