COURSE INFORMATIONThis course is ideal for those interested in a career or apprenticeship in electrical engineering. You will receive a high level of practical training and study the underpinning theories. You will achieve a National Certificate award in Electrical Engineering at SCQF Level 6, and in addition, there are two elements of electrical workshop training included in this course.
- Skills appropriate to the practical units covered.
- One year full-time
- Two years (day release)
- Soldering and circuit assembly techniques
- Introduction to electrical wiring
- Electronic theory
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Electrical principles theory
- Electrical Test & Measurement
- Mathematics Tech 1 & 2
- Electronic Network Analysis
- Electrical Plant Maintenance
- Three Phase Induction Motors
- Programmable Logic Controller
- Engineering Project
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Three National 5s at Level C or above which must include Mathematics and Physics or a Technology subject or equivalent (see our Qualifications Explained page for details).
- Successful completion of a relevant Engineering course at SCQF Level 5 including Mathematics Craft 1 and Craft 2 (or equivalent).
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
In addition, internal applicants will also require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR).
- HNC: Electrical Engineering SCQF Level 7.
Completion of this and further courses may lead to careers in the following areas:
- Manufacturing engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Renewable engineering
- Systems engineering
- Modern Apprenticeships
- Scientific calculator
- Scaled rule
- Online application