COURSE INFORMATIONIf you are looking for an apprenticeship in electrical installation, this pre-apprenticeship course will give you an introduction to electrical installation and will help you develop the skills to progress to that next step.
- Problem solving
- Hand skills
- 24 weeks full-time study plus approximately nine weeks work placement.
- Maths: Craft 1 and 2
- Using information technology
- Fundamental electrical systems
- Engineering project
- Inspection and testing of electrical installation
- Installation of conduit systems
- Earthing systems
- Electrical principles
- Electrical testing and measurement
- Installation of PVC sheathed wiring systems Installation of trunking systems
- Safe working practices
- Information communications technology
- Two National 5s at Grade C or above in Maths and English plus two National 4s
- Certificate: Construction Futures
- Successful completion of an engineering course at SCQF Level 4
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis and you will be required to pass a pre-entry test
- National Certificate: Built Environment SCQF Level 6
- National Certificate: Electrical Engineering SCQF Level 6
- This entry level course is a great way to start a career in Building Services.
- You will be better informed about choices which you will need to make when considering a vocation in the Building Services industry.
- This course provides the underpinning knowledge required to continue Further Education in construction or seek an apprenticeship within the industry.
- All PPE supplied by the college
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise, short aptitude test and simple colour blindness test.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.