COURSE INFORMATIONOn this course you will gain a recognised SQA National Certificate Fabrication & Welding at SCQF Level 5 as well as a large amount of practical training to develop your understanding and skills in the processes and techniques used in fabrication and welding. This National Certificate is also a mandatory element of the Modern Apprenticeship in Fabrication & Welding.
- 50% practical programme covering workshop skills based units.
- One year full-time
- One year part-time (must be working within fabrication and welding and be employer funded/self-funded)
- Maths: Craft 1
- Health and safety: engineering
- Fabrication processes
- Welding processes
- Computer Aided Draughting CAD
- Pattern Development
- Thermal Cutting Skills
- Fabrication skills
- Metal inert gas (MIG) welding skills
- Manual Metal Arc (MMA) welding skills
- Tungsten Inert Gas (TiG) welding skills
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
- Three National 4's including Maths, English, and a Science/Craft subject.
- Successful completion of the three National 5 Mathematics Units or the two National 5 English Units will also be acceptable if the applicant has achieved these rather than National 4’s in these subjects.
- Another relevant course at SCQF Level 4.
- HNC: Fabrication, Welding and Inspection SCQF Level 7
- Modern Apprenticeship
- A4 folder
- Note pad
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.