This introductory course provides a dynamic starting point for a career in fashion. From the outset, you are encouraged to develop an individual approach to garment design and garment manufacture, while working within a team to master the basic principles of fashion design, fashion merchandising, pattern and garment production.
The major part of this course is practical and project-based and will involve designing, creating patterns, pattern cutting, and producing a fashion product. Innovative techniques are blended with realistic manufacturing processes. Fashion merchandising investigates the promotion of fashion.
- One year full-time
- Fashion design
- Pattern construction skills
- Sewing skills
- Fashion digital illustration
- Fashion merchandising
- The Core Skills of ICT and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
One of the following:
- Four National 4s including English SVQ: Design or three relevant units at SCQF Level 4
- Certificate: Art and Design
- Another related and relevant course at SCQF Level 4
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis, in which case a design portfolio that shows creative ability will be required
- HND: Fashion Design and Production with Retail SCQF Level 8
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise