COURSE INFORMATIONThis is an advanced level course which will equip you with the wide variety of skills and knowledge that you will need if you are looking ahead to employment in the manufacturing industry, including advanced manufacturing and automation.
- Full-time: in this one year course you will complete the National Certificate through attendance with the MA group above on a Thursday and Friday, plus an additional slot on manual milling and manual turning delivered earlier in the week. Therefore, the programme will cover both the theoretical and practical aspects of manufacturing at SCQF level 6 in preparation for employment within the industry.
- Modern Apprenticeship: one year part-time (two days per week, Thursday and Friday. Where this provision is part of an MA, you must be employed within the industry).
- Mathematics: Tech 1 and 2
- Information technology
- Computer-aided design (CAD)
- Manufacturing processes (Inc Advanced Manufacturing)
- Engineering materials
- Graphical communications
- Dimensional control
- Engineering project
- Workshop skills
- Assembly skills
- Mechanical engineering principals
One of the following:
- Three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths, and Physics or a Technology subject
- Successful completion of a relevant Engineering course at SCQF Level 5 including Mathematics Craft 1 and Craft 2 (or equivalent)
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- HNC: Manufacturing Engineering SCQF Level 7
- Modern Apprenticeships or technician role in manufacturing engineering
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.