Those who undertake the National Certificates will also be able to enhance your personal and social development and gain the confidence to enter employment or to pursue volunteering opportunities. The aims detailed below demonstrate the intention to provide qualifications for learners which develop the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence: successful individuals, confident individuals, responsible citizens and effective contributors and key employability skills.
- You will develop skills that will help you with further study and better prepare you for the future.
- Focus on the development of self awareness, self esteem and confidence.
- You will work on core skills and develop your employability skills.
- Throughout the course, you will learn the necessary skills to make more informed decisions about your future and better prepare you for whatever progression route you choose.
- Full Time.
- One year to complete.
- Days to be decided.
- There will be an emphasis on personal development, core skills and employability skills along with other qualifications that will support your future choices.
- Achievement of Personal Development Award at SCQF level 2, or completion of Next Steps: Skills Builder SCP course.
- Those that do not possess this qualification are still encouraged to apply and suitability will be assessed on an individual basis.
- Certificate: Passport to College or Prince's Trust or;
- Other appropriate SCQF Level 4 courses within the college.
- Supported Employment/Voluntary Sector.
- Online application
- Information session
- Skills assessment
- Interview for online applicants