The human and financial costs of failing to manage health and safety are immense. Many organisations and individuals can feel daunted by their responsibilities. But that doesn't have to be the case.
Safety Simplified aims to demystify the practicalities of risk assessment and control, and help organisations reduce accidents and work related ill-health, achieve greater employee engagement and morale, and improve productivity.
Through a robust learning experience, with lots of practical hints and tips, delegates will return to their workplaces with idea they can put into practice immediately.
The course is assessed through a half hour multi format closed book assessment and a practical assessment carried out at the delegates workplace.
Candidates should bring an iPad, android, tablet or smartphone to the course to enjoy the augmented reality used throughout the course.
Safety Simplified enables learners to develop their skills to take ownership of health and safety policies and strategies in their organisation.
Once you have completed the course, you will be able to:
- Make a case for managing health and safety.
- Including recognising what good health and safety management looks like.
- Do a general risk assessment in your own work place, recognising a range of common hazards (taking account of current controls), recommending further control measures and assigning actions.
- Understand why incidents happen and how to investigate them.
- Help your employer to check their health and safety management system effectiveness - through monitoring , audits and reviews.
- Three days release or three days block release
Upon completion of Safety Simplified, learners will:
- Understand the reasons for, benefits of, managing health and safety.
- Recognise common workplace hazards.
- Have an improve understanding of organisational safety measures.
- Understand hot to help prevent incidents recurring.
- Appreciate the purpose of inspections and audits.
- Be equipped to contribute to supporting health and safety practices and create a better working environment for everyone.
- Know how to to undertake basic heath and safety risk assessments and put in place appropriate control measures.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, however it is important that learners have a suitable standard of English language in order to understand and articulate the concepts contained in the syllabus.
- NEBOSH National or International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Safety Simplified is ideal for anyone who is looking for an introduction to health and safety issues in the workplace and risk assessment.
- This may include team leaders and supervisors, HR professionals, facilities managers and those training young people in a working environment.
- £500 Per Person