This course aims to provide you with a range of practical jewellery manufacturing and workshop skills which will provide you with a good base on which to build a career in the UK jewellery industry.
This is a hands-on course working with traditional and 3D design skills to produce finished articles of jewellery.
This course is aimed at those interested in creativity, crafts, craft technology, and precious metal-work.
- CAD/3D skills
- Group work
- Problem solving
- It will also help you to develop knowledge and skills for learning and life which are reflected in the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence: a successful learner, a confident individual, a responsible citizen and an effective contributor
- An introduction to jewellery manufacturing techniques
- Evidence of craft and/or design skills
- National Certificate: Jewellery SCQF level 6 (with one relevant Higher at Grade C or above)
- Jewellery design and manufacture