This Foundation Apprenticeship (FA) covers a wide range of digital skills, essential in today’s creative economy. You will study digital media sectors, creative business models, and communication and presentation skills.
This is a 2 -year course studied over two afternoons per week. There are learning materials and resources online and a work placement carried out over the duration of the course in areas such as performing arts, technical theatre, screen, sound and media, visual communications, digital technologies, animation, photography, fashion and youth theatre The Media Dept will employ individuals and teams of students to produce content for various project briefs. Our clients will extend throughout the college and beyond into the community and third sectors.
- You will develop creative skills, understand technology applications, presentation skills, developing professional folios of work and exhibition work
- This course will also develop your soft skills, Core Skills, and vocational skills
- It will also help you to develop knowledge and skills for learning and life which are reflected in the four capacities of Curriculum for Excellence
The course includes a variety of exciting topics with many practical skills being developed. Some of the topics include:
- Creative industries: an introduction – Scotland
- Creative industries: understanding a creative brief
- Media: understanding the creative process storytelling – (content creation – written, blog, journalism, audio, visual)
- Convergence: digital media sectors and audiences
- Creative business communication skills
- Presenting ideas creative thinking and analysis including research skills, leading to final project
You will learn about the creative process, how to create content incorporating audio/visual skills, software packages and journalistic written content.
You will also study the use of social media toward marketing campaigns, sales channels, and digital marketing and engage with employers gaining workplace experience.
- 4 National 5s at grade C or above, one of which must be English.
- You must be capable of working at SCQF Level 6 (Higher) in S5, preferably English or Maths
- An excellent attendance record in school
- School transition form
- FAs are accepted by colleges and universities as part of their entry requirements. For full details, check out apprenticeships.scot
Fife College will accept achievement of the FA in Creative and Digital Media as equivalent to a Higher for progression to:
- HND: Creative Industries: Radio SCQF Level 8
- HND: Sound Production SCQF Level 8
- HNC: Screen Production SCQF Level 7 (Subject to Approval) SCQF Level 7
- National Certificate: Creative Industries: Broadcast Media SCQF Level 6
- Design media