This course in an introduction to Construction Craft and the Technician area of study. This a school college partnership course which will be delivered within the college or school environment.
This programme is a blend on practical and theoretical units in order to allow you to understand of what is delivered within the construction and technician areas within the college. You will learn hands on practical skills within 4 practical subjects and 2 theoretical units incorporated into the Technician area. You will attend college on a Monday and Wednesday at the Halbeath campus and Tuesday and a Thursday at the other 2 campuses Glenrothes and Levenmouth. This course is primarily suited to you if you are still at school and looking for a challenge out with your school subjects.
- You will learn hands on practical skills within 4 practical subjects and 2 theoretical units incorporated into the Technician area.
- This will allow you to understand what is required within a trade or technician background which will enable them to decide a future for themselves.
- This course is completed in one academic year and is delivered on 2 afternoon per week for 30 weeks.
- Understanding Industry
- Personal Development: Self and Work
- Carpentry and Bench Joinery: An Introduction
- Painting and Decorating: An Introduction
- Brickwork: An Introduction
- Construction Operatives: An Introduction & Employability skills (Non assessed) Work Based skills challenge unit
- The entry requirements are to be still attending school and be working towards national 3's and 4's
- You can progress to the certificate in construction futures or the NPA construction skills, depending on other qualifications
- Construction trades or Construction technician routes
- N/A as all PPE will be supplied
- Group information session and application including a transition form