This is a supported progression course primarily designed for school leavers to give an opportunity for young people to engage with college life with the aim of then progressing on to a full-time college course.
- One year full-time
- Personal development: practical abilities
- Personal development: self and work
- Personal development: self-awareness
- Personal development: self in community
- Essential Skills will be developed and certificated on this course
You will have the opportunity to experience a variety of curriculum options.
During Semester 2 you will undertake a voluntary opportunity one day a week in an area of vocational interest to help with employability.
The placement offers a practical learning experience to build confidence and enhance existing skills, focusing on communication, IT, numeracy, working with others, problem solving, and improving self-learning.
- Three National 3s including Core Skills
- The successful completion of a School College Partnership course, such as New Directions, from within Supported Learning
- Possible progression to courses at SCQF Levels 4 and 5
- Modern Apprenticeships in various fields
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise