Do you have a head for figures, facts and statistics? Here’s your chance to turn those qualities into an exciting, new career opportunity. The digital sector is growing faster than any other in Scotland and more people with the right skills are needed now to join the workforce. Please note that this course starts in February 2023.
- Part-time (Online)
- Tutor led sessions Wednesdays 9-4pm each week over approx. 12 weeks
- Next courses start in February 2023.
- Think about everything you did during the past twenty-four hours. It will prove difficult to think of anything where data hasn’t been generated; from your communication with others, your fitness routines to transactions and the programmes you enjoy. Data is everywhere and generated to assist informed decision-making which impacts all aspects of our lives.
- Gaining a National Progression Award provides the necessary knowledge, skills and confidence required to progress to either full-time or part-time further study at Fife College.
- Dependant on level, successful completion of your National Progression Award will enable you to apply for a National Certificate (NC) or Higher National Certificate (HNC) course in a related subject, which is the equivalent of year one at university.
- Our free, online short courses will provide the knowledge and skills required to get your career started as a Data Analyst.
- You will learn to use a range of technical skills and systems to interpret data as a means to effectively draw out and present meaningful facts, figures and forecasts to reinforce informed-decision making.
- Data science is at the heart of everything in the sector and analysts are in high-demand and attract high salaries in return for their expertise.
There are four possible outcomes from your interview:
1. Unconditional offer: you have met all the entry requirements and your
place is guaranteed.
2. Conditional offer: your place is secured pending meeting the entry
3. Waiting list: You have met all entry requirements; however, the course
is full. If any spaces become available you may be contacted usually
around about the course start date.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
Applicants don’t require previous experience of data science or finance, however, possession of a computational/numerical skills-based qualification or experience; Two National 3 qualifications, preferably Numeracy and Communications or equivalent.
Other qualifications and/or experience will be considered.