Working with young children and helping them learn essential skills for life is very rewarding and worthwhile.
The course is suited to applicants who limited experience of working with children but wish to explore if childcare is the career for them.
You will develop the knowledge to organise a safe environment for children, to plan for play experiences along with study units that will introduce child development and how to care for a child’s needs.
This course has a practical element where you experience play activities to support your understanding of the importance of play in the development of a child.
- Organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- School College Partnership study
This course introduces working with children and develops the skills, values required to study within the field of childcare.
Some of the units you will study include:
- Working in early learning and childcare
- Child development
- Play in early learning and childcare
- Maintenance of a safe environment for children
You will take part in activities in the classroom which will support in your understanding of childcare.
- Two National 4s one of which should be English or equivalent
- National 5 Early Learning and Childcare: Skills for Work SCQF L5 (SCP)
- Intermediate Certificate: Early Education and Childcare incorporating NPA Playwork & Childcare
- National Certificate: Child, Health and Social Care SCQF Level 5
- Employment in the child, health or social care sector on further study and completion of registrable childcare qualifications
- Evidence of interest in the childcare sector from a personal statement
- Information session
- Written task