This course provides a blend of learning which can lead to opportunities within large/small companies across a wide range of sectors, including electrical services, oil and gas, and renewable energy.
At Glenrothes Campus, you’ll specialise in electrical engineering including electronics.
At Dunfermline Campus, you’ll study electrical engineering and engineering systems.
- Part-time – two days per week day release (employer or self-funded)
- Electrical principles
- Electrical measurement and testing
- Circuit element principles
- Single phase and three phase principles
- Fundamental electrical systems
- Electrostatics and electromagnetics
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
Employment within industry and one of the following:
- Three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths, and Physics or a Technology subject
- Successful completion of a relevant Engineering course at SCQF Level 5 including Maths: Craft 1 and 2
- Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- HNC: Electrical Engineering SCQF Level 7
- HNC: Engineering Systems SCQF Level 7
- HND or degree level study
- Electrical technician
- Electrical maintenance engineer
- Renewable energy technician
- Scientific calculator
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise