This is a two-year supported college course primarily aimed at school leavers with additional support needs who have already completed a School College Partnership course, such as New Directions, in the final year of their school education.
It gives the opportunity to build confidence and develop social and work skills appropriate to an employment setting. The provision is contextualised to incorporate the Essential Skills identified within the Curriculum for Excellence framework and offers a broad variety of vocational areas enabling you to make more informed choices on your future vocational/Further Education pathway.
In year 2, you will build on the skills, knowledge and level of achievement gained in year 1 and, if appropriate, will be given the opportunity to participate in a work placement. Work experience is both set up and coordinated by our work placement coordinator.
- Two years full-time
- Enterprise activity
- Digital communication methods
- Sports and leisure
- The world of work
- The wider world
- Home management
- Beauty therapy
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy, and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
- The successful completion of a School College Partnership course, such as New Directions, from within Supported Learning
- Three National 2s
- Certificate: Access to Further Education
- National Progression Award: Enterprise and Employability SCQF Level 4
- Vocational courses at SCQF Level 4
- The successful completion of a School-College Partnership course, such as New Directions, from within Supported Learning
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise