New Directions students and staff work towards a differentiated curriculum from the course they will eventually attend full time. This allows staff to correctly identify if the students are working to the correct level for these courses.
The aim of this course is to provide a realistic experience for all school students with additional support needs (ASN) or learning difficulties/disabilities (LD) who currently attend mainstream schools with learning support or departments of additional support needs (DAS).
- Confidence building
- Essential Skills
- Working with others
- Adapting to new environment and technology
- Getting to know Fife College
- ICT and assistive technology
- Hobbies and interests
- Three National 2s
- School or other agency referral, relevant transition documentation, and have personal support
- Support and transport arrangements to be provided by the school or other agency
- Future Pathways