This course gives you the chance to find out what counselling is all about and to practice basic counselling skills.
It provides a good foundation for any career working with people, and focuses on the theories, the process and techniques of counselling.
- Basic counselling skills
- Empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard
- Knowledge of counselling provision in the local area
- One year – one evening class per week from 6-9pm
- Identification of various counselling “schools” and the main focus of their theories
- Application of appropriate counselling in relation to client needs
- Boundary issues
- Counselling process
- Extension of basic skills
- Application of concepts to self and own experience to demonstrate personal
- This evening class requires no formal entry requirements
- Internal applicants will require a positive Internal Learner Reference (ILR)
- HNC: Counselling SCQF Level 7
- A variety of careers that require Counselling