This is a short full-time course for those who want to progress to further study in care work and may be of interest to those returning to education or changing career as well as school Winter Leavers.
This course will offer core skills, personal development and generic care modules that will provide a strong foundation for progressing on to other courses.
- Full-time short course
- Accident and emergency procedures
- Values and principles in care
- Information technology
- Sociology and psychology in care
One of the following:
- Four National 3s
- Relevant experience will be considered on an individual basis for those without formal qualifications
- Advanced Certificate: Health and Social Care (Access to Nursing and all Care HNCs)
- Care assistant
- Healthcare assistant
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise
- Personal statement
- Reference/Transition Form