Do you want to improve your acting and singing skills? In this highly practical course that is underpinned by academic study, you will be given the opportunity to develop techniques, learn songs, and given the opportunity to create and perform your songs to an audience. The course provides scope for personalization and choice.
You will develop skills in:
- Critical thinking
- 120 hours of part time study over one academic year
- Start Date : Induction in January 2021 with delivery beginning in Semester 2 (February 2021)
- Blended delivery via 2 hours lecturer contact / self study / supported rehearsal / opportunities to engage in other course performances
- Delivered on Monday afternoons from our Kirkcaldy campus
- Attendance arrangements will be flexible and negotiated with lecturing team
There is one mandatory Unit and two other Units will be selected for you from the optional section.
- F5L0 12 Acting through song (Mandatory)
- F5L9 12 Theatre Performers: Solo Singing Skills (Optional)
- F5L8 12 Theatre Performers: Group Singing Skills (Optional)
- F8LC 12 Group Dance Performance (Optional)
- D658 12 Preparation for Audition (Optional)
- Students will be considered on an individual basis based on relevant experience in singing, acting and / or dance. Please give details in your personal statement.
- Internal applicants will require a positive Internal Lecturer Reference (ILR)
All applicants will be required to undertake a practical skills review
- HND Musical Theatre
- HND Acting and Performance
- B.A (Hons) Musical Theatre at Cumbria University
- B.A -Performance UWS University West of Scotland.
- Musical Theatre Performer
- Agency work
- Please contact janehowie @fife.ac.uk
- You may be asked to complete an online application form.
- Yow will be invited to an interview to view the facilities and meet the lecturers
- We will also do a quick skills review at this point which will involve a solo of your choice