This course is designed to allow you to attend college one day per week while in your last year of school, with the aim of preparing you to progress onto a full-time Access to Further Education course (at SCQF Level 4) when you have officially finished school.
This transition course is aimed at those who would benefit from a vocationally-focused curriculum and an enhanced, supported transition to college.
The emphasis of the course is on vocational subjects can lead to progression within Further Education.
These vocational areas, depending on availability, may include:
- Personal development
- Getting to know college
- Our person-centered approach encourages growth socially, emotionally, behaviorally and academically - helping to develop transferable skills for employment
- Access to Further Education at SCQF Level 4
- National Progression Award: Enterprise and Employment SCQF Level 4
- Access to Construction at SCQF Level 4
- All places are subject to a successful interview and transition information from your school
- You should have 65% attendance
- You should be 15 years old by the course start date
- Three National 3s or equivalent (see our Qualifications Explained page for details) which must include Communication and Numeracy
- Support and transport to be provided by the school or other agency