This course allows you to study a variety of subjects at National 5 level with a view to moving on to SCQF Level 6 (the same level as Highers).
It allows you to negotiate a programme of study that suits your learning needs and career ambitions.
Many people use this course to gain entry to Higher level courses in areas such as care, social care, social sciences, and business.
- Academic study skills
- Researching and referencing
- Comparing and contrasting, drawing conclusions
- Analysis and evaluation
- Core and other transferable skills
- Critical thinking and decision making
- One year full-time
You can study a variety of subjects from the following:
- Modern Studies
- Personal Development
- Study Skills
- NB options available vary by campus and according to your existing qualifications.
One of the following:
- Four National 4s in relevant subjects (such as English, Maths, History, Modern Studies, RMPS, Geography, Languages)
- Certificate: Start Here for Qualifications
- Successful completion of other relevant National 4 Courses (for example one that contained a fair bit of reading and writing)
- A range of courses at SCQF Level 6 (Higher)
- Pathways to HNC/D Higher
- Pathway to Social Science Higher
- Care and social care courses at Level 6
- Our courses are widely respected among employers and they provide an excellent route into higher level study
- You may be asked to purchase one or more text books (£8-£20 approximately)
- You may be asked to purchase a scientific calculator (£5-£12 approximately)
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise.