This course introduces you to the world of social sciences.
You will learn about the society we live in, individual behaviour and what makes us who we are, gaining National 5 level qualifications along the way.
Issues examined on the course include: gender roles; inequality in society; what makes someone a criminal; does nature or nurture make us who we are.
- Understanding of the social and political world
- Analysis and evaluation skills
- Core skills and other transferable skills
- Information gathering
- Presenting information
- Drawing conclusions
- One year full-time
- Crime in the community
- The Core Skills of ICT, numeracy and communication will be developed and certificated on this course
- NB the actual content might vary by campus.
One of the following:
- Four National 4s in relevant subjects (such as English, History, Modern Studies, Geography, RMPS, Business Studies)
- Certificate: Start Here for Qualifications
- Advanced Certificate: Pathway to Social Sciences
- Advanced Certificate: Pathway to HNC/D/Degree
- Advanced Certificate courses in care, social care and related areas.
- Public service
- Community education
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session, a portfolio discussion, or a skills based exercise