Psychology is the scientific study of how the mind works. You have the opportunity to investigate some of the ways that thoughts and emotions can affect behaviour. Psychological knowledge of how people behave individually and in the social context can help you to develop a deeper understanding of themselves and their social environment.
In addition to a range of classroom activities including web-based investigations, you are required to undertake your own research activity (external marking of which contributes to overall grade). It is expected that learners will undertake self-directed study of approximately four-six hours per week in addition to class time.
- One year part-time (evenings)
You can choose from:
- Maths (Higher and Intermediate 2)
- Human Biology
- You must be able to demonstrate an ability to work at Higher/SCQF Level 6, either by previous study or experience or interest in the subject
- Prospective applicants are welcome to contact the Department to discuss their suitability for Higher level study
- A wide variety of college courses at SCQF Level 7
- Our courses are widely respected among employers. They provide an excellent access route into higher level study