This introductory course will help you get started in pursuing a career in a sport and fitness related environment. It will also introduce you to the skills, qualities, and experiences required for the employment in the Sport & Fitness Industry.
Successful completion allows you to progress on to a higher level of our sport and fitness courses and improve your career prospects in this field
You will gain practical skills and experience in a variety of sports and exercise contexts
- Health, Wellbeing and Fitness knowledge and skills
- Team working
- Problem Solving,
- Digital and other Communication skills
- Work Ready skills
- One year
- Circuit Training and Resistance Training
- Sporting activity: Orienteering, Hill-walking, Climbing and Mountain Biking
- Nutrition, Health and Well-being
- Skills for employment
- Fitness for the Army / Running
- Health & Safety/ First Aid
- Event Planning Sporting Activities such as Badminton
- Four National 3s or equivalent (see our Qualifications Explained section for details), including English
Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis
- Intermediate Certificate: Sport and Fitness
- Advanced Certificate: Sport Fitness (may be suitable for students who can be fast-tracked)
- Leisure attendant
- Lifeguard (with additional external qualification)
- Sports leader
- Volunteer in the sport and fitness industry
- Youth/community work
- Sport and fitness related kit is required to take part in practical activities, such as trainers, tracksuit bottoms, training tops, and shorts
- We will provide you with some items of equipment and clothing for the Outdoor activity sessions.
- You may be required to take part in an informal conversation as part of the application process. This group/individual conversation may be an information session.
Expected Jobs 2020
Expected Jobs 2023
Statistics are representative based on National data collated and provided by Emsi Economic Modelling.