Our SCQF Level 8 Award in Management and Leadership is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their key skills. You will study one unit enabling you to progress to the Certificate (two units in total) or the full Diploma in Management and Leadership (five units in total) which is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
- This qualification is for the development of the role and skills of managers. The qualification aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
- The units that you will study encourage you to apply theory we will discuss to the work situation.
- One year part time - evening class, blended learning encompassing virtual / interactive delivery. The award consisting of one unit is the shortest and most concise qualification and will take between 1 and 3 months to complete
- One evening class per week as infill to the full Diploma class
- 6pm – 8pm
- This qualification is designed for managers, to support the development of their leadership and management skills in personal development, leadership, management resources, information, performance, customer and market awareness
- Experience in supervising people or in organising delivery of services or products
- Evidence of continuing personal or professional development is desirable
- From the Award in Management and Leadership you can progress to the Certificate by completing an additional one unit or
- From the Award in Management and Leadership you can progress to the full Diploma by completing the additional four units
- This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of first line managers. It will provide you with new skills and improve your career prospects for the future
- Applications are open all year round. You will be contacted by one of the lecturers to discuss your application.