Our SCQF Level 8 Certificate in Management and Leadership is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their key skills. You will study two units enabling you to progress to the Diploma in Management and Leadership which is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
- This qualification is for the development of the role and skills of managers. The qualification aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
One year part time - evening class, blended learning encompassing virtual / interactive delivery.
The certificate consisting of two units and provides a broad base of knowledge and skills and will take between 3 and 6 months to complete.
- One evening class per fortnight for the duration of the chosen units.
- 6pm – 8pm
You will undertake 2 units from the following 5:
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Information based decision making
- Managing team and individual performance
- Being a leader
- Conducting a management project
- This qualification is designed for managers, to support the development of their leadership and management skills in personal development, leadership, management resources, information, performance, customer and market awareness
- Experience in supervising people or in organising delivery of services or products
- Evidence of continuing personal or professional development is desirable
- From the Certificate in Management and Leadership you can progress to the full Diploma by completing the additional three units.
- This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of first line managers. It will provide you with new skills and improve your career prospects for the future.
- Applications are open all year round. You will be contacted by one of the lecturers to discuss your application.