This qualification is designed for individuals wishing to develop professional management and leadership practice who will gain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to focus on the requirements of embedding the organisation’s strategy and drive core business activities in a senior management and leadership role.
Current or aspiring strategic leadership role and responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to, taking responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success. You have the professionalism to deliver impact, behave ethically and demonstrate a commitment to continual learning and development.
• Making decisions
• Communicating and influencing
• Personal and interpersonal development
• Emotional competencies
• Personal values and behaviours
• Providing purpose and direction
• Developing people and capabilities
• Building relationships and networks
• The interrelationship between the skillset and mindset
• Change Management
• Approaches to leadership
• Leading change and innovation
• Managing resource and risk
• Achieving results
• Project management methodologies
• Research methodologies
• Strategic thinking
• Strategic planning
• Project implementation
- Completion of the Certificate in Strategic Management & Leadership Practice (Level 7) can be achieved within 16 weeks and is delivered using an approach of blended learning encompassing virtual / interactive delivery and support of 2 workshops per unit.
- You also have the opportunity to attend our masterclasses either in person or remotely, on specified Saturday mornings, at our Carnegie Conference Centre.
You will undertake study of 2 units to complete this Certificate, which units you study will be determined by your individual start date. Each unit has a written submission which is marked by your course delivery lecturer, and guidance for each is provided during workshops and available on our VLE also.
Each unit and assignment are reflective of the tasks and activities required by managers in roles such as senior managers, regional management and specialist managers who are accountable to a senior manager or business owner.
You will join and undertake two of the below units to complete the Award.
This will equip you with an in-depth understanding of strategic leadership within an organisational context. You will explore the complexities of the role and the theoretical perspectives, approaches, behaviours and skills which can enhance your professional practice with a focus on your ability to respond creatively to complex organisational challenges and understand how to set and deliver sustainable strategic goals.
Leading Strategic Change
You will gain understanding of the scope, context and complexity of leading strategic change while applying analytical techniques, theories, and models of change, and creative problem-solving you can use to equip you to lead strategic change with confidence. The unit culminates in giving you the opportunity to develop a proposal to lead a strategic change.
Personal and Professional Development for Strategic Leaders
You will learn approaches to personal and professional development and critically reflect on the interrelationship between the skillset and mindset to develop as a strategic leader. Vitally you will reflect on your own personal, interpersonal and professional competencies and behaviours to lead strategically giving you the opportunity to reflect on your own performance will equip you to develop a meaningful personal and professional development plan.
- Acceptance on to this qualification will be based on successful completion of CMI Level 5 Diploma in Management and Leadership or on your current and aspiring role.
- This qualification is designed for individuals wishing to develop professional management and leadership practice who will have the knowledge, skills and behaviours to drive business activities in a senior management and leadership role.
- Current or aspiring role and responsibilities may also include, but are not limited to, taking responsibility for people, projects, operations and/or services to deliver long term organisational success.
- Once you have successfully completed your Certificate, you can further your personal and professional development by undertaking the Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership.
CMI Level 7 qualifications in Strategic Management and Leadership Practice have been designed for practising or aspiring managers in roles such as:
• Senior Manager
• Regional Manager
• Specialist Manager (with expertise in a specific business or technical function such as quality, risk, human resources etc.)
- Applications are open all year round.
- All applicants will receive a one to one discussion with one of our course delivery lecturers to ensure this is the correct level and qualification for you.