You will be required to complete a full working portfolio, which contains a mix of college study and assessment with on the job work experience using local companies to provide the vital elements required to become an engineer. There will be 12 weeks of college covering core subjects and practical elements, this will prepare you for the final competency ACS exams once the portfolio has been completed. You will attend college on a minimum of 4 days per college week and will be required to maintain studies on their own time out with college days.
- Knowledge and understanding of the gas industry.
- Understanding and underpinning knowledge of heating installations.
- The ability to carry out practical activity to a very high standard.
- Completed over 7 months, course will be full time with 12 weeks college attendance and study time totalling 4 days per week.
- Part of this time will be spent in the work place which amounts to a minimum of 670 hours.
- Core gas safety
- Gas safety regulations
- Practical pipework and central heating installation skills
- Safe use of tools and equipment
- Final competency exam (ACS)
- A reasonable level of education in numeracy, communications, experience from previous employment would be beneficial but not essential.
- You are expected to secure a placement with an appropriate employer.
- HNC/HND Building services.
- Fully qualified Gas Engineer.
- Terms and conditions apply.
- Successful applicants will go through individual and professional interview.
- You will be required to provide a suitable work placement covering the key areas required to complete the MLP.