This course will develop your role and management skills. The qualification aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations, and the development of the skills in managing people.
Our SCQF Level 8 Diploma in Management and Leadership is designed for middle managers and those aspiring to senior management who want to develop their key skills. A Diploma in Management and Leadership is the benchmark qualification for full CMI membership, taking you another step towards Chartered Manager status.
This qualification is for the development of the role and skills of managers. The qualification aims to develop personal management capabilities, make effective use of information in decision-making, operations and the development of the skills in managing people.
- One year part time - evening class, blended learning encompassing virtual / interactive delivery
- One evening class per-fortnight
You will undertake the following 5 units:
- Introduction to management and leadership
- Information based decision making
- Managing team and individual performance
- Being a leader
- Conducting a management project
- This qualification is designed for managers, to support the development of their leadership and management skills in personal development, leadership, management resources, information, performance, customer and market awareness
- Experience in supervising people or in organising delivery of services or products
- Evidence of continuing personal or professional development is desirable
- From the Diploma in Management you can progress to the CMI Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute
- You may also apply to become a Chartered Manager
- This course is designed to meet the continuing personal and professional development needs of first line managers. It will provide you with new skills and improve your career prospects for the future
- Applications are open all year round for this distance learning course