The CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development) Intermediate Certificate in Human Resource Management (CHRM) will ensure a broader perspective of the organisational issues facing HR professionals and develop effective analytical and problem solving issues. This course can be entered immediately based on the current level of HR working experience and forms the link between the Foundation and Advanced CIPD qualification.
The units studied throughout the course are:
- Business Issues and the Contexts of Human Resources
- Contemporary Developments in Employee Relations
- Developing Professional Practice
- Employee Engagement
- Managing and Coordinating the HR Function
- Using Information in Human Resources
The course will be studied through a blended learning approach, incorporating evening workshops, intranet forums and flexible home study, guided by student access to the College's Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). The Certificate in Human Resources Management equates to 32 credits (QCF).
- Work-based/blended learning
- The benefits of blended learning include:
- Opportunity for self-managed learning along with some class time to meet fellow students
- Minimum time away from work
- Online learning opportunities via the 'Moodle' learning environment
- One to one tutor meetings and learner support
- Quality nationwide learning materials
- Proven working ability in the profession of HR, which will satisfy vocational entrance requirements for this course; or lesser vocational knowledge, with completion of the Foundation CIPD Certificate in either Learning and Development Practice or Human Resource Development
With the appropriate candidate working experience, the Intermediate HRM Certificate could also provide candidates with the opportunity to bypass the Foundation Certificate, who may not quite have the experience necessary to immediately start studying the CIPD Advanced Diploma. Successful completion of the Intermediate HRM Certificate gives the opportunity for students to gain the knowledge and understanding required for the new Associate CIPD Membership level and this can be used as part of your title, recognised throughout the professional field of HR.
The new CIPD Intermediate HRM Certificate offers students the specialist knowledge and the link between the CIPD Foundation Certificate and the Advanced Diploma CIPD for those who wish to embark in a career in the field of HR.
Applications are open all year round