Want to gain the confidence to cook healthier and more budget-friendly meals for your family?
Join our FREE Everyday Numeracy with Cooking course,
In our purpose-built training kitchens, we’ll help you improve your knowledge and creativity in cooking and show you how numeracy can aid with food preparation and budgeting.
By teaching you the simple number skills you need in everyday life, you will gain the knowledge to manage your personal finances more effectively as well as the confidence to help your children with their schoolwork.
At the end of every session, you’ll take a low-cost, healthy balanced meal home to your family.
- You will have the opportunity to focus on the development of your cooking skills in a practical setting, by working to improve your knowledge and creativity in the kitchen, whilst adhering to and learning about numeracy that is appropriate to cooking
10 weekly classes:
- Kirkcaldy - Tuesday 2-5pm
- Dunfermline - Thursday 10am-1pm
- Glenrothes - Tuesday 11am-2pm
- Levenmouth - Monday 3.30-6.30pm
- Simple number skills
- Personal finance and budgeting
- Cookery process
- Food hygiene and practical skills necessary for working independently in your home kitchen
- Simple budget and measurement calculations
You will need to show an interest in cooking and have a desire to develop your numeracy and cooking skills.
Discussion on an individual basis to meet student needs and aspirations.
Possible progression to hospitality and catering courses.